CIMmultus™ stands for:
- Convective mass transfer, reduced backpressure, and minimal sample clogging
- Fast product isolation and concentration of diluted samples
- Efficient removal of high molecular mass impurities in polishing steps
CIMmultus™ EDA-8 mL is an improved monolithic column with 1.3 μm pore size and a column volume of 8 mL. It is packed into an innovative epoxy-based housing and is supplied ready to use. CIMmultus™ EDA-8 mL is intended for purifications at preparative scale. EDA (ethylendiamino) is a weak type of anion exchange group, fully charged between pH 3-9. It selectively binds biomolecules with a predominant negative charge over a working pH range of 3-9. In contrast to DEAE or QA chemistry, it contains free primary amino groups. Monolithic EDA can be used for two different applications:
- In anion exchange mode, free primary amino groups result in additional interactions between biomolecules and ligands. Due to this not purely ion-exchange based effect, EDA needs higher concentrations of NaCl for elution of biomolecules. For this reason, EDA is defined as a salt-tolerant chemistry.
- EDA can be used as preactivated media for immobilization of peptides, proteins, and other compounds containing amino or thiol groups. The eight atom spacer arm between your immobilized molecule and the monolithic matrix represents a hydrolytically stable and non-charged covalent linkage. Using this approach, EDA monoliths become custom made affinity columns, bioreactors, or screening tools – it is up to your individual needs.